2024 Leadfoote Race Products Crown Vic Ovals & Zolciak Lawn Care Crown Vic Figure 8 Division Rules
Points Fund – ($1000 TBD how its split) for Oval class, $500 For 1st Place Figure 8 – Must run the class sticker and attend awards banquet to receive post season awards.
For Crown Vics
Computer Claimer rule $125 (Not exchange that is out right)
ALL NEW RULES IS MUST BY 3-1-2024 FOR START OF SEASON
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements of such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all such events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. Rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant. • Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications. • Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to ensure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate. All discussions with officials must be conducted in a professional manor. • Cars, parts and or equipment will not be considered as having been approved by having passed through inspection at any time or number of times unobserved or undetected. • Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the officials. Any decision of and by Speedway Officials is final. • Unsportsmanlike-like conduct can carry a minimum $100.00 fine and/or suspension. All fines will be added to the point’s fund at the end of the racing season. • No phones or communication devices in the car. • Track reserves the right to swap computers amongst competitors at any time.
A. SPIRIT OF THE RULES – The creation of an affordable, entry-level way to enter stock car oval racing. Keeping the cars very stock is the priority. Changes not listed in these rules are not allowed.
B. Cars – Only the Ford Crown Vic, Mercury Grand Marquis, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, or Lincoln Town Car 1995 and newer.
C. Drivers – Must wear a clearly-labeled helmet that meets or exceeds the 2010 SA Snell or SFI 31.2 standards. Fire suit is mandatory. Racing shoes and racing gloves are required. The use of an approved neck brace or Han’s style device is required.
D. Car Number – Number must be officially registered. Numbers must appear on both front doors and on the roof. Door and roof numbers shall be a minimum of 18” tall and 3” in line thickness. Numbers must contrast in color (light vs dark) from car color. The roof number needs to be facing the passenger side of the car. There must be a 6” white car number in the upper corner of the windshield on the passenger side of the car.
E. Tech – Car must go thru inspection at its first visit to the track. After each feature the top 3 finishers and any other cars selected will go to tech. Those drivers and 2 crew members can assist with tech on those cars.
F. Cheating – 1st offense will bring driver and car disqualification from that event. A 2nd offense will bring a driver and/or car a possible ban from competition.
G. DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine – Must remain an entirely stock 4.6L SOHC engine (No high compression dome top piston versions). Manifold stock. Air filter stock. AC compressor, condenser, lines, and ac/heater core box in engine compartment may be removed. Must contain water only. Manual fan allowed. All vacuum lines and hoses connected to throttle body or air intake tube must remain connected as it came from the manufacturer with the exception of the vacuum line for the a/c blend door control may be plugged.
2. Battery – May remain in stock location or battery may be moved inside drivers compartment and must be securely mounted and covered.
3. Fuel Kill Switch – In rear of deck or behind drivers roll cage or kill all switch if battery is relocated.
4. Exhaust – Muffler is not required. Exhaust is 2-1/2″ max. No X, H, or Y pipes. Pipes must go beyond the back of the drivers seat and exit to the side or rear. Catalytic converter may be replaced with pipe
5. Transmission – Must remain entirely stock.
6. Rear End – Must remain entirely stock. Factory gear only 2.73-3.73 ratios only. No aftermarket lockers. You may weld the spider gears or use factory posi-traction. 2002 and older cars may use 4.10 and numerically lower ratios.
1. Roll Cage– Mandatory of a 4-point cage with 1 ¾ x .095 tubing with 4 curved door bars on the driver’s side and 4 straight bars can be used on the passenger side. Must have a bar that connects left and right legs of hoop behind driver’s seat just above the driveshaft tunnel and another one welded at approximately half the distance from the top of driveshaft tunnel to the roof. Cage must be welded to the frame and not the floor pan. A driver’s door plate is recommended. No offset cages. All roll cages must be painted. B-pillar may be removed.
2. Seat & Belts – A racing seat is required along with a 5-point racing harness. Belts can be no older than 5 years past the clearly marked manufacturer dates on them.
3. Window Net – A properly mounted window net is mandatory and must be always used on track.
4. Steering Column – Must remain stock. Adding of a quick disconnect steering wheel is allowed.
5. Windshield – Must remain stock or Lexan or metal screen (2 half inch bars in front of driver for protection if running screen) and strapped in place. All other glass must be removed. All mirrors must be removed.
6. Dash – May remove dash, inner ac box and controls. Must retain working instrument cluster and OBII port must remain intact and operational. Absolutely NO fabricated dash panels. Only one factory mounted rear view mirror allowed.
7. Pedals – Must remain stock.
8. Brakes- All ABS valves and plumbing must remain in place. ABS wheel speed sensors may be removed or disconnected.
9. Ballast – No adding of any weight to the entire car. Track can add weight to any competitor at any time.
1. Suspension – No altering of the suspension including sway bar links. No spacers of any kind. No air rides. No cutting, no heating, or no lowering of springs. Shocks and springs can only be replaced by same stock parts or OEM replacements. Front and rear springs must match coil for coil, free height, and wire diameter. (Can cut two 2” holes above rear shocks to access top shock nut).
2. Caster & Camber – You may adjust as factory adjustments allow. May run direct replacement aftermarket camber bolts such as Moog Part#K100094 or other aftermarket equivalent manufacturer.
3. Tires – All season tires only. These tire sizes only 235/55/17, 225/60/16, and 215/70/15. No high performance tires. No directional tires. Nothing under 350 tread wear or any tire that cost $125.00 or more. No autocross tires. No tire soaking or treating. May remove plastic front inner fender wells.
4. Wheels – Must be steel stock wheels. All 4 wheels must be the same size and offset. No wheel spacers. No offset wheels on cars 2003 and newer. 2002 and older cars may use dodge charger factory 17-inch steel wheels.
5. Bumpers –May use a stock bumper or 1.75″ pipe front bumper. 8″ stub out from frame of car and bumper must be looped back into frame. One top loop is permitted with no bracing of any kind. no square tubing. if the bumper does not conform to these rules, you will be forced to cut the bumper off and race without one for the night.
6. Hood/Trunk – Must have hood type pins for easy access by track officials. No bolting down.
J. Car Claimer – There will be a Claim Rule established within the first year of competition in this Division, to be implemented no later than the 2023 Racing Season.
K. Major Infractions – If you have been caught with any performance enhancing computers, or performance aftermarket parts, the car and the driver may be banned from competition, either temporarily or permanently.