Showtime Speedway Sportsman Rules 2013
If these rules do not say you can do it, then don’t. All interpretations by the track are final. You are responsible to know the track’s position on all rules.
Any 1970 or newer American made car with a minimum wheelbase of 105’’. Weight 3000 lbs. with original driver. No tolerance! 56% maximum left side weight. No station wagons or convertibles allowed. No front wheel drive.
- Any fiberglass, aluminum or original production body allowed.
- 2 Front hood pins, 2 rear hood pins are mandatory, maximum 1‘’ lift from between base and retainer pin.
- You must have 2 pins or hinges at front of the deck lid and 2 pins in the rear of deck lid.
- Nose piece mandatory.
- Minimum 4’’ ground clearance, frame & body.
- Ballast added OK but must be attached with two ½ ‘’ bolt per 50lbs. Ballast must be painted white and have your car number on it.
- Must have full Lexan windshield with number in right top corner.
- Driver’s compartment must be sealed from engine compartment and trunk area. Absolutely no holes! Driver must be enclosed with a minimum of 22- gauge steel. This will be checked before your car will be allowed to race.
- No carbon fiber body panels.
- 6’’ spoiler maximum. 60’’ wide maximum with 2- 6’’x 16’’ side spoiler only. 3 braces rear side only non- adjustable.
- Mirrors and radios allowed.
- Roll cage will be constructed from1 ¾ tubing, .095 wall thickness only. 4 Drivers door bars mandatory. Recommend plated with min 1/16“ plate on driver door bars.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
- No truck frames or tubular front clips.
- Stock spindles only. OEM only #1 or #2
- Racing springs allowed.
- No coil over’s. Any steel shock OK. No adjustable, non re-buildable, No bump stops, No coil bind.
- 65.00 claimer per shock. Must claim all 4 shocks, total of $260.00
- Must finish on the lead lap to be able to claim top 3 cars shocks.
- Shock mounting points optional.
- Tubular upper “A” frames OK. Stock lower A frames. Both lower A frames must be same.
- Sway bars, lowering blocks, shackles, sliders & steel bushing optional. No splined sway bars.
- Wedge bolts OK front & rear. May not be adjustable from driver’s seat.
- May run tubular rear clip.
- May run three link suspension.
- Under slung chassis OK.
- Steering gear box & idler arm must be in stock location. No rack & pinion.
- After market center link OK.
- 12” minimum from center line of crank to ground.
- Ride height will be 4 “ at frame and body at all times. No Tolerance. Driver out of car.
- Maximum Tread width will be 64“ No tolerance. Measured by our referee.
CRATE ENGINE ONLY:
- Engines may be interchanged.
- GM crate engines will be teched 100% by GM tech & Parts manual.
- Engine location: #1 Spark plug hole even with or in front of ball joint, No Tolerance!
- Engine plates allowed.
- May run 602 crate engine with Holley 650 CFM 80541-1450 4 barrel Spacer plate 1” maximum.
- Comp ratio 9.1 to 1.
This ends crate engines below is for built motors only.
BUILT ENGINES ONLY:
- Engine 350 Chevy, 351 Ford, 360 Dodge. Allowed .060 overbore.
- Engines will be mounted with #1 plug even or ahead of the line between the two upper ball joints.
- Solid mounts ok, rear engine plate ok.
- No high performance heads. World Products S.R. #4360, or #4361, Dart #10024360 or #10021070, & RHS # 12400 or #12407 heads are the only approved aftermarket heads. All other aftermarket heads must be approved by tech before use. Open chambered heads only. Closed chamber heads add 100lbs, 350 must run 350 heads, (minimum 70CC.) Any head produced by manufacturer less than 70 cc”s must add 100 lbs. regardless of actual cc’s. Vortec heads allowed.
- World Product #4361 & RHS #12407 must add 100 lbs.
- Any aftermarket head with the casting #’s milled off will have to add 100lbs. and/or subject to inspection & removal. If it doesn’t come with a casting # send it back.
- No porting. No polishing. No coated surfaces. No grinding of anything period!
- Screw in studs OK.
- Guide plates okay. (1.94/1.5 Chevy, 2.03/1.65 Dodge, and Ford valves)
- Three (3) angle valve job OK. Final cut no more than 75 degrees & no deeper than ½”.
- Stainless stock diameter valves okay. +015 stem diameter allowed. No titanium, No ceramic, No exotic metals, No neck down valves.
- Any valve spring.
- Roller rockers OK. Long slot rocker OK.
- Poly locks OK. Bronze valve guides OK.
- Shims under valve spring OK.
- Lash caps OK.
- Valve train- stud girdles OK.
- 1. Any length push rod may be used to correct geometry.
- Any Hydraulic Anti Pump camshaft, no rollers.
- Degreeing of camshaft ok. No timing belts or gear to gear timing sets.
- Any timing chain set up ok. Torrington bearing ok.
- Cam button ok.
- Any 3 ring flat top .060 over.
- Fly cutting for clearance allowed.
- No excess lighting other than to balance. 1 piston must remain untouched.
- No custom made pistons.
- Stock style wrist pins.
- Total seal rings OK>
- Pistons must be flush or below the deck of the block.
- Any steel stock length for motor, aftermarket bolts OK. I beam, H beam OK. No 6” rods.
- Ok to balance. 1 must remain untouched.
- Rods may be floated.
- Polishing of beam OK.
- Cast crank 48 lbs. minimum. Steel crank 50lbs.,. No knife edge cranks. No polishing. Balance on bottom of counter weight only. May grind on bottom of counter weight for balancing purposes only. No Changing of counter weight profile.
- Stroke plus or minus .010 allowance.
- Aftermarket harmonic balancer OK.
- Decking OK.
- No polishing.
- Painting of oil galley OK.
- Screens, oil galley plugs, lifter valley tray OK.
- No bowtie or SVO blocks.
- No aluminum blocks.
- Wet sump only.
- Windage tray OK is OK.
- Oil pump, stock mounting only. No external units.
- Remote oil filter is OK.
- Any water pump. Must be crankshaft driven
- No electric or belt driven. Any mechanical pump.
- Lines & filters optional.
- OEM automatic with operational converter.
- OEM manual with two forward gears & one reverse.
- No 5 or 6 speed transmissions.
- Steel drive shafts only, must be painted white & have car # on it.
- Drive shaft hoop near front u-joint.
- Floaters allowed.
- Interchanging of rear ends allowed. May use aftermarket housing.
- No coil over springs allowed.
- Shock mounting points optional.
- Sliders OK.
- 3 link allowed.
- No cambered rears.
- Quick change allowed. No reverse mount. Must be steel tubes & be full spooled. No lockers of any type in a quick change. No magnesium housing. No wide fives. No birdcage or brake floats. No weigh penalty for quick changes. Ford 9” ok.
- Any 10 inch minimum diameter steel. Single disc. No 10,000 RPM or a like.
- L-88 flywheel, 14 lbs. minimum.
- No porting or polishing.
- Chevy 2101, 7101, Vortec 2116, 7116, Ford 3701, 2121. Edelbrock only.
- Chevy Eldelbrock 2901 , 2bl intake ok with no spacer.
- Max spacer 1.625” with gaskets. W-2 barrel.
- Holley 4412 must pass track gauges.
- Choke plate may be removed.
- Ok to enlarge (drill) holes in carburetor butterfly.
- Any battery fired ignition. No multi spark (MSD ect.) Any HEI OEM style distributor, part #MSD8365.
- Starter, self- starting electrical.
- Battery must be enclosed in a marine type case.
- Maximum 12V system.
- Stock appearing modules only.
- Exhaust pipe may have 3 ½” primary pipes. May collect & exit car at larger (any) diameter pipe.
- Headers optional. No 180 headers
- No fuel additives. No nitrous oxide.
- Maximum of 22 gallon fuel cell mandatory. Fuel cell must be in 22 gauge steel.
- Must have 2- 1 ½” x 1/8” straps across top of fuel cell.
- Maximum 8” wide steel only.
- Minimum 7/16” studs with 1” lug nuts on all four (4) wheels.
- Approved track tires only. Showtime Speedway Hoosier 8” treaded 650 and 450.
- No chemical treatment of tires.
- Tire durometer rule is track choice.
- Any 4 brakes that must be in working order at all times!
- Any single piston caliper.
- All Competitors will have a neck brace of some kind. Hans or Nexgen recommended.
- Recommend door bars on cage on drivers side be plated.
- Fire suit, full face helmet, Gloves & shoes mandatory.
- Battery cut off switch will be mounted in left rear quarter glass area.
- Batteries will be encased in marine box.
- Seat belts must be within 3 yrs. Of date at the start of season.
- Fire system or fire extinguisher properly mounted within reach of drivers while belted in seat.
Any deviation of rules, or cars from other tracks may be disqualified or be allowed to race with a weight penalty of 50 to 300 lbs to be located at techs discretion in the interest of fair completion. Any car may be assessed a weight penalty at any time or left side weight adjusted in the interest of fair completion.
ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. ALL TECH DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official. The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding. On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.
The Management of Showtime Speedway