2017 4/6 CYLINDER STRICKLY STOCK RULES SHOWTIME SPEEDWAY
1. The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
2. The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Track and Safety:
- Fire Extinguisher- All cars must have a fire extinguisher (min 2 lbs.) securely mounted within drivers reach. The mounting must be in such a way that the driver can quickly remove it. Wrapping duct tape around the extinguisher or any other material that will prohibit that easy removal of the extinguisher is not acceptable.
- Seat and belts- A single quick release 5 point harness (min 3 inch belts) dated 2010 or newer is required in all vehicles. All belts and installation shall be approved by the safety officials. Sternum straps are OK. All required belts must be in use at any time the car is in motion on the track. Racing harness must be attached to roll cage.
- Windows- Window nets are required on the driver’s side if the car and must be securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top & be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to get out of either side of the car in case of emergency.
- Windshield- All cars must have a clear windshield that the driver can be able to see through. Must have number on the passenger side top of windshield at least 4 inches.
- Battery- Battery shall be secured to frame of car and must be encased. The lead ballast must be painted with car number and secured with two – ½ inch bolts per 25 lbs. It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Loose ballast on the track is not acceptable.
- All cars must have a radiator over flow can. Water is the only acceptable coolant.
- Officials may inspect any car and/ or equipment at any time for compliance. All cars must have initial safety inspection each season before they race.
- All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the race track.
- Racing helmet with min. Snell 95 rating. Neck brace required . Fire suit with sfi min. rating of “I”. No holes or torn fire suits allowed. Fire resistant gloves, shoes, and socks must be worn at all times car is on track.
- The track retains the right to modify or append any rules it deems necessary to allow visiting/orphaned racers to be able to race at the track competitively but not to give them an unfair advantage.
- Will not allow any rough driving on the track. If you cannot pass the car fair then don’t try. Any driver that drives rough will be black flagged. Racing is racing and there will be some bumping, but we will not tolerate any driver pushing a car out of the way to go to the front. No pushing a car down the back or front straight away. Mirrors ok but will be removed if necessary.
1. Any 1970 or newer American or Foreign made sedan or station wagon with a maximum wheel base of 106 inches is eligible. The car must be complete bumper to bumper and strictly stock. NO race cars allowed. NO convertible or T-Top roofs allowed. NO all-wheel drive. NO turbo or supercharged. 4 doors and automatic only NO limited edition/limited production/specialty vehicles permitted. Final decision as to eligibility is up to the official in charge.
2. A roll cage is not required, but if used, it may not be built to reinforce the body or frame or alter the geometry of the car. The roll cage must only protect the driver in case of rollover. Maximum 4 pt. cage highly recommended.
3. All doors must be welded, chained or bolted shut. May have rub rails (between hub and top of tire, flush to body and ends capped). No sharp edges.
4. All glass must be removed except the windshield, before arriving at the race track. Full windshield or reinforced lexan (one piece 3/16 thick minimum). No chain link or wire permitted. No cracked windshields. Final decision will be determined by the official in charge. DO NOT BREAK AND LEAVE GLASS IN THE WINDOW CHANNELS OR IN THE INTERIOR OF THE CAR.
5. The interior of the car must be gutted including all rugs and headliner. Front seat must be equipped with a cross bar. Aluminum racing seat and 5 pt. harness recommended.
6. No bracing whatsoever of the car, except the approved optional roll cage. All sharp edges and bars must be padded inside driver’s compartment. Driver’s door interior panel must be padded.
7. Everything on the car must remain stock. No cutting, chopping, channeling, or building. All cars must have front and rear bumpers and be complete. We recommend that all bumpers and bumper guards be welded, not reinforced. Bumpers may not be reinforced in any way. Bumpers may not be mounted upside down. Rear hatch may not be removed.
8. Suspension parts must be absolutely stock for year, make and model of car. No modifications allowed. Front wheels may be reinforced to prevent their loss during the race with plating, washer or double nuts. Steering and suspension may not be reinforced in any way. Suspension must be active and show bound and rebound. No adding of weight. No spring spacers. No caster or camber adjustments.
1. No wheel weights.
2. Rim size must match tread width. M&S permitted.
3. Up to 5-ply passenger car tire with a load range A or B only.
4. No shaving or grooving.
5. No racing tires.
6. All 4 tires must be same size (i.e., 14 inch or 15 inch)
7. Side wall cannot be greased or otherwise coated with any substances.
8. No foreign substances of any kind in or out of the tire. Page 1 of 3 (2015 4/6 Cylinder Enduro Rules Cont’d)
9. All tires must have a minimum tread wear rating of “280”
10. Stock wheels only. No mags or special wheels. No wheel spacers.
11. Final decision of any tire is up to the discretion of the official in charge.
ENGINE: No VTEC-ECO TECH-OR HIGH PROFORMANCE MOTORS ALOUD. NO VARIABLE TIMING MOTORS.
1. Engine must be stock for the year, make and model of the car and be on original mounts. (Extra throttle return springs recommended).
2. Electric cut off switch for EFI cars required.
3. One 2 BBL or one 4 BBL carburetor only. No dual line pampers or any other trick carburetors. No aftermarket carburetors
permitted. Must be OEM stock. No electric fuel pumps permitted unless car is a factory stock fuel injected car.
4. Stock transmission only. Stock clutch and flywheel or stock torque converter.
5. Radiators in stock position. No auxiliary cooling systems may be located anywhere in the car; these include
water, oil, transmission, etc. NO ANTIFREEZE. $25 fine if found.
6. Batteries in stock position or relocated in driver’s compartment, SECURELY MOUNTED IN APPROVED CONTAINER. FINAL DECISION BY OFFICIALS IN CHARGE.
7. Headlights, taillights, directional lights, and lenses must be removed. In addition, all chrome body trim, hub
caps, door handles, hood ornaments and antennas must also be removed.
8. Any loss of tire or wheel requires immediate exit from the race track so as not to damage the racing surface –
this includes flat tires.
9. Rupture of gas tank or loss of gas requires immediate black flag. Pull off the race track immediately and on
to the grass surface of the infield.
10. Gas tanks will be allowed to be moved into the trunk of the car and mounted as far forward as possible and
centered. Must be in approved metal container. Fuel cells permitted. It must be securely fastened down with steel straps across the tank both ways with large washers and bolts on the bottom and trunk floor. Gas line connections must be secure and gas lines must not be hanging below the chassis of the car or inside driver’s compartment. No plastic inline fuel filters permitted. Trunk must have drain holes in the floor for drainage. Steel fire wall must be installed between driver and fuel tank.
11. Ignition key must be wired or chained onto the steering column. A toggle switch in place of a key can be used.
12. A minimum ten inch hole must be cut in the hood directly over the carburetor. No flaps.
.13. Must have stock engine pipe. Any aftermarket glass pack muffler will be permitted.
1. Absolutely NO foul language to appear on the car.
2. No one will be allowed to push his car off the racing surface under the red or after the event. If the car will
not run under its own power, it must remain in the infield until all the events of the day are completed.
3. Only the registered driver of the Enduro car will be allowed to take the car off the track property. No one can be assigned to do it, and a claim card is required to remove a car. NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. No one will be allowed into the pit area without credentials during or after the racing events due to strict insurance guidelines.
5. All old Enduro inspection stickers must be removed from the windshield.
6. ALL CARS MUST PAINT THEIR NUMBER ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THEIR
ENDURO RACING PROCEDURES: (Hangover 150/special events only)
1. Three abreast start with competitors holding starting position until green flag is displayed and competitors
cross the start/finish line.
2. Starting positions and numbers will be determined by pull of pill. See instructions on entry application.
3. Each competitor MUST provide a scorer. All score cards will be checked and rechecked. If you do NOT
have your own scorer, you WILL NOT be scored.
4. The yellow flag will NOT be used. You must avoid disabled cars and continue to race.
5. The red flag will be displayed ONLY when the track is totally blocked and racing cannot be continued, or in
any extremely dangerous situation exists on the track. The race will be resumed with cars in the same
position as before the red flag.
6. Racing must be confined to the racing surface. You may not intentionally cut through any part of the infield
area to gain a position. If you do, you will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED!
7. The flagman will indicate the halfway point of the race by forming the letter “X” with two folded flags.
When there is one lap left, the white flag will be displayed, and when the race has reached the end,
either by lap count or time limit, the checkered flag will wave.
8. Driver changes are NOT allowed.
9. There will be a mandatory drivers meeting and scorers meeting on race day for each individual Enduro.
10. All drivers MUST wear helmets, long sleeve shirts, long pants, socks and shoes, boots or sneakers. Fire suit
recommended. Helmet must be Snell 2000 or better. NO TOLERANCE!
11. No pit crew to driver communication of any kind during the race.
12. The first car to complete the required laps or the car that is running first at the time limit will be declared the
winner AFTER TECH INSPECTION IS COMPLETE.
13. Each competitor must provide the scorer, and the competitor is responsible for the scorer’s actions.
POSITIVELY NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, OBSCENE OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE SCORER’S STAND. The scorer should be at the scorer’s stand before their car goes on the track or within 10 laps of the prior race. Please check which race your car is in. If the scorer is not in the scorer’s stand when the green flag starts the race, the car will be black flagged and disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS! All score cards must be turned into the official scorer at the end of the race.
14. DECISIONS MADE BY THE OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!!
15. NO VIDEO CAMERAS, CELL PHONES OR RACING RADIOS ALLOWED IN CARS. DRIVER MUST
HAVE HELMET AT SAFETY INSPECTION, FIRE SUIT IS OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED. ALL CARS MUST BE REMOVED FROM SPEEDWAY PROPERTY BY THE END OF RACING EVENTS THAT DAY, UNLESS SPECIFIC PERMISSION IS OBTAINED FROM THE CHIEF STEWARD. IF PERMISSION IS GRANTED, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE GIVEN AND MUST BE FOLLOWED EXPLICITLY
Any deviation of rules, or cars from other tracks may be disqualified or be allowed to race with a weight penalty of 50 to 300 lbs to be located at techs discretion in the interest of fair competition. Any car may be assessed a weight penalty at any time or left side weight adjusted in the interest of fair competition.
ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. ALL TECH DECISIONS ARE FINAL.