Posted-November 4, 2016 at 4:35pm
2017 V8 Bombers Rules
Any 100” or larger stock coupe, sedan, or station wagon. Uniboby OK, No high performance or special order vehicles. CAR MUST BE COMPLETELY STOCK FRONT TO REAR BODY:
- Roll bar: For the driver’s protection, 4 point maximum, not to exceed the driver compartment and not to pass the firewall at any point. The roll bars may not reinforce the body or frame or alter the geometry of the racer, but serve only as a protection safety devises. 1 single bar on each side from top of loop to rear of main, to the furthest point of rear frame. These bars are for fuel cell protection only. Front Hoops OK
- No bracing of any kind.
- All doors are to be welded, chained of bolted shut.
- All glass is to be removed except front windshield. May use lexan and lexan only. No Plexiglas of any kind.
- Complete unibody bumper to bumper must be retained.
- Firewalls made of steel must seal the engine area and also the trunk area from the driver’s compartment. Inner fenders may be removed. (can unbolt but not cut out).
- The gas tank is to be located on the trunk floor. Track approved tank of fuel cell recommended. All tanks must be securely mounted. Approved plastic boat tank can be used as long as it is in a track approved metal container. MUST BE IN METAL CONTAINER. Fuel cell may drop through trunk floor of half the depth of the cell
- All trim and lights are to be removed. All interior removed (back seat, carpet, head liner, etc…) If it burns remove it!!
- The battery may be relocated anywhere The battery is to be bolted or strapped down.
- All the mirrors are to be removed.
- Rear end may be welded locked.
- Hoods, doors & trunk lid only may be gutted. Core support may ne changed.
- Stock body can be recovered with steel or aluminum.
- May use fiberglass hood as long as metal is fastened to underside of entire hood.
- Track approved pipe bumpers are allowed.
- Tires street DOT, No special or recapped tires. Radials only 75 or 70 series only.
- Maximum wheel width is 8”, any offsets.
- Stock racing wheels. All 4 MUST RUN LARGE LUG NUTS.
- White spoke wheels recommended, no mag or aluminum wheels allowed.
- No air bleeders allowed – pop off valves.
- Exhaust system must have stock manifolds, pipes must exit past drivers compartment, No more than 2” O.D. No center dumps, No X pipes, must be two single pipes.
- Carburetor must be stock 2 barrel or 4 barrel that comes as originally equipped. 2-barrel 4412 – 500 C.F.M., Must pass with track tech tools.
- Block 350 – 2- bolt or 4 – bolt main bolts. Builder option, NO studs, .060 max overbore plus .010, Zero deck builders option. NO grinding or painting in block, screens OK, NO over bore of lifter holes or repairs.
- Heads – Stock open chamber head stock valves, NO after-market. 1.94 intake and 1.50 exhaust. Single angle valve job – NO bowl cutting – flat cut only – 72 c.c. chambers, 80 lbs. seat pressure. Diameter= 1.250 max diameter Stock rocker nuts & balls
- Piston #2256 cast iron 4 eyebrow, stock pin height rings builders option.
- Rods 5.7 Stock O.E.M. Rods NO after-market, fasteners & balancing builders option.
- Crank – G.M. cast crank 48 lbs. – NO knife edge, balancing OK.
- Camshaft 390 intake, 410 exhaust. 1.5 G.M steel rockers O.E.M. lift will be checked out Rocker – NO stud girdles Stock O.E.M. G.M. lifters Camshaft must be installed straight up no degree buttons may run double roller chain nonadjustable gear.
- Intake – Stock G.M. Quad-jet Cast iron intake – NO bowtie or corvette intakes
- Dist. Stock only G.M. H.E.I.
- Push rods stock diameter.
- Water pump steel or aluminum, Stock harmonic balancer, OEM for engine, NO SFI, oil pan, valve cover, pulley builders option.
- No air box to carb. Or air cleaner
- Aluminum radiator OK.
- L-88 flywheel OK 14 lbs min. Stock clutch and pressure plate
- screw in studs and poly locks ok. No guide plates.
- All drive train is to remain stock.
- Transmission/STOCK, Automatic transmission and converter. No shift kits, etc.
- Drive line must remain stock as per manufacturer.
- One drive shaft loop mandatory. Two preferred. Drive shaft must be painted white with car number on it.
- Stock unmodified Standard with all gears in working order, no 5 speeds, OEM stock for manufacturer. May use L-88 Z28 flywheel, min. or 14 lbs, all other makes 14 lbs. All flywheels to be on track scales, zero-negative tolerance. Stock clutch and pressure plate only, no solid center disc clutch’s, stock means Autozone, Discount off shelf parts. All pedals, Z bars and linkage is to be stock.
- Engine is to remain in stock location and on stock engine mounts for that chassis used. Frame cannot ne notched anywhere, all body mounts are to remain.
Automatic trans. 3100, Standard trans. 3300, Full frame 54% LS, Unibody 54% LS.
- 6” ride height 0 tolerance.
- Front springs must be same height side to side. (no spring rubbers, adjusters, or shims) NO bump stops.
- Rear springs ½” tolerance difference on height any rate, no lowering blocks or adjustable shackles.
- Right front wheel may be cambered.
- No adjustable shocks.
- All trailing bars on rear end to be in stock location.
- All trailing bars on rear end to be in stock location with stock bushings.
Regular pump fuel only, No racing gas, Max octane 93, may use lead additives. No E-85, or avgas. No trick additives, no alcohol, No fuel cooling devices allowed.